Your car battery is an important player in your vehicle. Unfortunately, batteries don’t last forever. When it’s time to get a new battery visit the Lee Nissan parts center or schedule an appointment with our service center.
we have answered some of your frequently asked questions you may have about your battery lifespan and how you can take care of your vehicle below.
- How long do car batteries last? If you just purchased a brand-new car battery, it should continue to provide power to your vehicle for three to five years. The exact longevity of your battery will depend on your driving habits, usage, and other factors.
- How often should I change my car battery? Getting stranded because of a dead battery isn’t fun. To help you avoid that situation you should have your battery checked after three years and replace it if necessary.
- How can I tell when my car battery needs to be replaced? Signs that your battery might need to be replaced include:
- Trouble starting your engine. If it takes the engine a little longer to turn over or you hear a clicking sound when you attempt to start the engine, your battery might need to be replaced.
- Lighting issues. If you notice that your dashboard lights or other interior lights are dim or flickering, your battery and charging system needs attention.
- Electrical components malfunctioning. If your power liftgate, infotainment system, or power windows begin to glitch or operate slowly, these are all signs of a battery or charging system issue.
- How do I remove corrosion on my car battery? Turn off your engine, disconnect the battery and check the battery for damage. If there are dents or cracks in the battery, cleaning the corrosion will not solve your issue. It is time to buy a new battery. If there is no visible damage, put on a pair of gloves and use a battery-cleaning solution and a wire brush to remove the corrosion.
Schedule Battery Services at Lee Nissan
If you need battery services, schedule an appointment with Lee Nissan.